Cannabis Science Moves Its FDA Clinical Trial Process Forward
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cannabis Science Inc. (NASD OTCBB: CBIS), a pharmaceutical cannabis company, is pleased to report to their shareholders that the choice of our initial cannabis-based pharmaceutical for FDA clinical trials has been made.The Company has reported several possible drugs for FDA clinical trials. Based on extensive studies, the Company has decided to contract with a group based in Colorado to handle the Company’s FDA filings. Appropriate announcements will be made when the contracts are finalized.
Dr. Robert Melamede, President & CEO Cannabis Science Inc., stated, "We have made great progress and this is just the beginning. We are in the final stages before Cannabis Science files with the FDA for clinical trials. There is a massive amount of Cannabis research that is available. Cannabis is one of the only drugs that have little or no negative side effects when used medically. We will request that the FDA consider this and other facts when examining our application. We have a great team of FDA experts and scientific minds to make sure that every step we take is inline with FDA requirements"
Richard Cowan, Cannabis Science Inc., CFO & Director stated, "We have decided to give this interim report due to the overwhelming interest we have been receiving in the US and around the World from existing and potential investors. In the next few days we will announce more specifics regarding our first FDA application."
Cannabis Science has accomplished and will be announcing shortly several critical steps to determine its FDA protocols and drug submission:
1. Successfully identified and negotiated medical cannabis growing operations to provide material for basic and clinical research.
2. Successfully identified and negotiated for several strains of medical cannabis for initial drug formulations.
3. Successfully identified cloning procedures to mass-produce exact strains in a controlled environment for compatibility with FDA standards.
4. Established analytical procedures for manufacturing reproducible, high-quality cannabis extracts in order to meet the anticipated high demand.
5. Identified and implementing several manufacturing opportunities for standardized production protocols for large-scale rapid mass production.
6. Successfully identified clinical trials facilities and doctors to handle clinical trials.
7. Negotiating several jurisdictional licensing and distribution agreements with potential partners around the World.
8. Identified and negotiating with key acquisitions for growth in various departments within the Company.
About Cannabis Science, Inc.
Cannabis Science, Inc. is at the forefront of medical marijuana research and development. The Company works with world authorities on phytocannabinoid science targeting critical illnesses, and adheres to scientific methodologies to develop, produce, and commercialize phytocannabinoid-based pharmaceutical products. In sum, we are dedicated to the creation of cannabis-based medicines, both with and without psychoactive properties, to treat disease and the symptoms of disease, as well as for general health maintenance.
Forward Looking Statements; This Press Release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Act of 1934. A statement containing works such as "anticipate," "seek," intend," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "expect," "project," "plan," or similar phrases may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Some or all of the events or results anticipated by these forward-looking statements may not occur. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include the future U.S. and global economies, the impact of competition, and the Company's reliance on existing regulations regarding the use and development of cannabis-based drugs. Cannabis Science, Inc. does not undertake any duty nor does it intend to update the results of these forward-looking statements.